Friday, May 30, 2008

Chicken Stuffing Casserole



Now look at this wonderful mess of goodness. It one of those that tastes better then it looks, trust me. This is a very simple recipe that reminds me of growing up. My mom always used to make this and this is probably the first recipe I knew by heart. I used to love it when she would make this and this is actually the first thing I ever made for Shawn when we were dating. (It's the only thing I knew how to make back then, besides Hamburger helper) He raved about it of course. Come to think of it he used to rave about my Geo Metro too... when we were dating. As soon as we were married he nicknamed it the G0-Cart.

So I'm sharing this recipe just because it has a lot of good memories for me. Isn't it funny how food can evoke good memories and bad. I'm only going to share the good though. This recipe makes me think about my mom and how hard she has always worked for our family. She hasn't always enjoyed working as much as she did and I know she was very under appreciated for it much of her working life by our family. She's taught us all a lot through it though. She's taught us about responsibility and the importance of working hard and forgetting oneself and loving your family with all your heart no matter the sacrifice. So thanks for all you do mom. I love you!

Chicken Stuffing Casserole - Kathy Wilson

2 pkg. chicken flavored stuffing
4 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
grated cheddar cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
Cook stuffing according to directions on package. Place stuffing in 9x13 pan. Top with cooked, shredded chicken. Mix soups and sour cream. Pour over chicken and top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
**I usually half this recipe for my family and use only one can of soup. I also add 10 oz of frozen veggies with the chicken layer and then top it with the soup mixture. Gotta get veggies in those kids some way or another.

No comments: