Friday, June 13, 2008

Smoothies!


One of my favorite things to make for dinner is breakfast and when I make breakfast my girls always scream for "SMOOVIES"! My husband introduced me to this wonderful treat when we were dating. It used to be his specialty and one that I would always request when we watched a movie in the evenings together. Now it's become my specialty. It's not really very healthy if that's what your hoping for. Is anything on here very healthy? It is very good though! This recipe is just a basic orange julius and then I add extra frozen fruits (anything I have on hand). I like to add pineapple and mango and peaches for a tropical taste, all berries, or peaches and bananas (Shawn loves the bananas, I don't so much). Just throw it all in the blender and you really can't go wrong. So so good.

Smoothies -Shawn Peterson
A few heaping tablespoons of orange juice concentrate
1 cup of milk
1 cup of water
6 ice cubes or so
1 tsp vanilla
almost a 1/2 cup sugar
then add a handful of any kind of frozen fruit
Blend it up and enjoy! If it's too thick just thin it out with a little milk or if it's too thin add a couple ice cubes. We like ours thick.

No comments: