Friday, June 20, 2008

Banana Crumb Muffins

My mother-in-law sent this recipe to me all the way from Australia! Actually, I think she found the recipe on http://www.allrecipes.com/ and emailed it to me. That was all the way at the beginning of June and I'm only just barely getting to trying it out. I'm glad I finally did. The whole family really enjoyed these muffins. I found the motivation to make a yummy breakfast from this book I've started reading again. It's called ChangeOne by Reader's Digest. I bought it quite awhile ago for the recipes in it. I never really read through it but now I decided is as good a time as any. The concept of the book is to change one thing each week for 12 weeks. I'm on week number 1 and my goal for the week is just to eat a healthy balanced breakfast. I officially start on Monday with this goal but I'm going to try it out a couple days ahead of time anyhow. I was actually surprised how much food I needed to eat for breakfast and I had a bit of struggle doing it because I'm not a very good breakfast eater. I did, however, feel that I was treating myself rather special this morning and my family appreciated it too. No cold cereal for us this morning!
This mornings breakfast included: one muffin, one full serving of fruit, and a serving of strawberry yogurt.


Banana Crumb Muffins -allrecipes.com


1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbl all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbl butter


1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 10 muffin cups or line with muffin papers.
2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

No comments: