Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

Clara was feeling a little sad today. She had been playing and since she is only 3 years old, she had been fighting too. I knew just what to do to cheer her up. I suggested we make cookies together and she instantly lightened up. She loves cooking more then I even. She loves the whole process. She wants to be the one to mix it, to crack the eggs, and to measure everything. She loves the beaters when we are done mixing and is constantly eating cookie dough out of the bowl. This cookie dough is very tasty too. I make this recipe for most potlucks because it is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever! I never have any left when the party is through. It's always a hit and I always get asked for the recipe. So here it is for you to enjoy if you would like.

Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies -Laura Daley

1 cup shortening

1/2 cup sugar

1 cup brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla

2 eggs

2 1/4 cups flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

3/4 package chocolate chips (I like milk chocolate)

Cream shortening, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs. Add flour, salt, baking soda. Mix in chips. Bake on un-greased sheet at 375 degrees for *9-11 minutes.

*The recipes call for you to bake it for 9 to 11 minutes but I think this is way too long. I only bake them 6 to 7 minutes. They will be barely brown on top. Then don't eat them until they have cooled off quite a bit and they are soooo good.

No comments: