Monday, October 13, 2008

Freezer Burritos

Remember this recipe for Easy Mexican Rice Burritos. Shawn needed some healthy lunches to take to work. When we were first married I used to buy him those frozen bean burritos from the store but these days I just make my own frozen burritos. Just make the Easy Mexican Rice recipe and substitue brown rice to be extra healthy. Put a heaping spoonful or two in a whole wheat tortilla wrap (again extra healthy) and top with some cheese. Then roll up.

I put each burrito in a sandwich bag and then all the burritos in a gallon freezer bag. That way they don't get freezer burn and you can decide if you want one or two. Also, there is no need to defrost as you can just pop them in the microwave just like the ones you buy at the store.

This recipe made 18 burritos and cost me practically nothing as I already have all the ingredients in my food storage. I just had to buy the tortillas. By the way, even if you don't have all the ingredients on hand this is still a super cheap meal to make and as you can see it makes a lot.

2 comments:

grammap said...

I'm gonna have to try that. It looks good.

grammap said...

I did try it and you weren't kidding when you said it made a lot! I have a fridge full of leftovers. It was pretty good.